- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Carries a 1500 microparticle performance rating (MPR), previously under rated 1250 MPR. Two packagings may be mixed, with same performance.
- 90-Percentage effective at capturing particles like dust, pollen and mold spores from the air passing through the filter
- Attracts and captures microscopic particles that can carry bacteria and viruses
- 50-Percentage better small particle filtration than our 1000 performance level filter
- No unnecessary antimicrobial chemicals added. Filtrete filtering material will not support the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew or fungi in normal use.
1500 MPR and 1250 MPR may be mixed in every case. The 1250 MPR was the original Ultra Allergen filter and with continual testing of the products, the filter was under rated and 3M now claims a 1500 MPR. Both the 1250 and 1500 filters offer the same performance. There have been no changes to the filter, just the MPR # has been changed. Filtrete Ultra Allergen Reduction Filter attracts and captures pollen, mold spores, dust mite debris, smoke, pet dander, household dust, smog, bacteria, and particles that can carry viruses. How often should I change my filter? For cleaner air, this filter should be changed at least every three months. Changing your filter more frequently makes your system run more efficiently. Certain conditions in your home will significantly add particles to the air. This will cause the filter to capture more particles than usual, shortening its life to less than three months or reducing the effectiveness of the filter to capture particles. These conditions include: dirty ductwork, construction work, sanding projects, pets, burning candles, tobacco smoke, fireplace and wood-burning stove smoke. Also, running your furnace or air conditioning fan continuously will help clean the air in your home but could further shorten the life of the filter. So, if you use a Filtrete filter under these conditions, it could begin to restrict airflow, especially in energy efficient furnace and air conditioning systems. If these conditions exist, change your filter more frequently